Dying Empty

 

I don’t want to die
Stuck in the shelves of books never read
Driving the routine of life
I never stopped to learn


A life time of hours at a job I detested
A period possessed by trails, I forgot happiness
A religious belief that some human is the enemy
............


 


I don’t want to die
Like a tree withered by anger and neglect,
because its soul resists to shed dead leaves

A walled heart
never smiling carelessly, 
never loving stupidly – very stupidly
  ...........



An ‘I do’  life, 
devoid of unconditional love
devoid of hope and faith,
it dies with distrust

A spectator in awe, 
watching the DSTV of others lives  

.............


 

A limited world
not seeing, tasting and never listening
No beautiful sights, new culture 
or amazing discoveries

A life of the conquered
 letting the world beat my dreams out
my will fail 
..............



A life constricted in a pony tail
it never lets its hair down

A life held bound by fear
It never really lives.
..............

 
Rather, I want to die
Knowing the splendour of words swift through my eyes

Alive with passion
Laughing till my heart emptied it worries
Acknowledging my failings
yet rising above them
........... 


I want to die
Letting go of old leaves – forgiving
Free with silly affection
Stupid with passion for my dreams
Becoming the DSTV to watch

Hoping, falling and hoping again
............. 


I want to die

Limitless
Belly dancing in India
Writing on the streets of New York
Exploring the depths of the world

Living in the euphoria of freedom
The freedom to love



 

Comments

  1. Go Shally! Go Shally go! Live to the fullest; be fulfilled! Leave no stone untuned, and when all to do is done, then die empty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! very good poetry. Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. What a nice encouraging poem. Lovely. Good selection of pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So happy you visited my blog. I am a fan, lol.

      Delete
  3. Another masterpiece well done.Many people die without ever living at all.Time to wake up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true. We are afraid of dieing and we never really live. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic!!! Glad I came across this... Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loneliness is a warm bed

Book signing of The Dairy of a Desperate Naija Woman (DNW)

Stand...