Learning Patience






Recently, I have been overwhelmed by work and different personal responsibilities that I keep dumping on myself. Some responsibilities are vital, but some can wait especially if you don’t have the ability or time to accomplish them yet. I believe timing is of essence, there is always a right time for everything.

Reading my Bible today reminded me that maybe, just maybe the time for some of my desires to materialize is not this year or today. I have to learn patience.  

Patience…  What is Patience Jonathan sef? (lol..)

Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way. It also means exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. It is usually used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast.

Patience helps you be at peace in every storm or circumstance. It is like walking on water or over your challenges. 

Today, I also have been consumed with a fire of understanding, an insightful painting that I will try to describe in words. 

Remember Jesus, I saw Him walking down my street with His disciples, He was showing them love even when He knew one would betray Him; teaching them even when they seemed to be a little too slow to understand His lectures, He didn't give up on them. Jesus didn't get angry or depressed by His circumstances, He was and is an over-comer.

As He was walking down my street today, He was knocking on every door and admonishing people to be patience with one another, patient with themselves; patient in love. 

He smiled and dazzled with light and beauty, He seemed to be saying; "I have been here too, I have overcome, so you must and will."

As you work hard to make a living, go to school or clean your home, cook or celebrate your birthday today (am moving left and right singing 'no pari like a Lagos pari'), be patient in love

Have a blessed day...


Comments

  1. I love THAT song! Aint no parry like a Lagos parry when you know your God, Hey! hey! hey! hey!
    And I LOVE how you right Shally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience a virtue indeed! Thanks for the reminder. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience Jonathan, if Oga JOE catch you. lol, Nice write up, Think i need that patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... NA FREEDOM OF SPEECH CAUSE AM!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loneliness is a warm bed

Book signing of The Dairy of a Desperate Naija Woman (DNW)

Stand...